Nomination for SRC Tank Of The Quarter

I love angel

It is always the reef tank (SPS or mixed reef tank) is the winner for the SRC tank of the Quarter.

It is a time for change and time for a FOWLR tank to become the winner.

I sugguest this two tanks by Sherman Chin. He have one angel tank with beautiful large angels and achilles tank with a few achilles tangs (XXL size) with Gem tang living together.

Angel tank:

http://youtu.be/DSok_FadHWs

Achilles tang and Gem tang tank:

I believe he is from Singapore. If he is in Singapore, he have the quality of TOQ, only TFC display tank are comparable to his tanks.

He have my deam tanks. Mod, please do not disappoint the FOWLR lovers in the forum.

• SRC Member
It is always the reef tank (SPS or mixed reef tank) is the winner for the SRC tank of the Quarter. It is a time for change and time for a FOWLR tank to become the winner. I sugguest this two tanks by Sherman Chin. He have one angel tank with beautiful large angels and achilles tank with a few achilles tangs (XXL size) with Gem tang living together. Angel tank: http://youtu.be/DSok_FadHWs'>http://youtu.be/DSok_FadHWs Achilles tang and Gem tang tank: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG98rsPq1lg'>
I believe he is from Singapore. If he is in Singapore, he have the quality of TOQ, only TFC display tank are comparable to his tanks. He have my deam tanks. Mod, please do not disappoint the FOWLR lovers in the forum.
All he needs now is a miniatus/cherry grouper but someone dont want to sell. :P:p:p Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Supporter

Yes, mostly likely SPS/LPS/Mixed reef tanks (size 5ft to 6ft tank). Try to push for more different types of winners for TOTQ. Rather than always big reef tank.

Your voices is heard :thumbsup: .. Do keep a look out for this month winner thread coming soon....

• SRC Supporter

It is always the reef tank (SPS or mixed reef tank) is the winner for the SRC tank of the Quarter.

It is a time for change and time for a FOWLR tank to become the winner.

I sugguest this two tanks by Sherman Chin. He have one angel tank with beautiful large angels and achilles tank with a few achilles tangs (XXL size) with Gem tang living together.

Angel tank:

http://youtu.be/DSok_FadHWs

Achilles tang and Gem tang tank:

I believe he is from Singapore. If he is in Singapore, he have the quality of TOQ, only TFC display tank are comparable to his tanks.

He have my deam tanks. Mod, please do not disappoint the FOWLR lovers in the forum.

We will discuss about having FOWLR during our next mods meeting next week, however as we mention before the challenge is upon how we can judge / gauge upon a beautiful fish only tank worth featuring ?

But some of the consideration could be ;

1) Rock scaping of a Fish only tank

2) Fish collection

3) level of difficulty of the fish in captive

Please share if you guys have anymore suggestion how we can make this happen. :ThanxSmiley:

• SRC Member

I think we shd poll for the measuring criterions for a fowlr. A beautiful fowlr tank need not have expensive fishes, a tank of schooling green chromis or cardinals can be equally stunning with nice scapes.

Some suggestions:

1. Fish mix in a balanced environment with swimming spaces

2. Thematic tanks with right balance of things.

It's really up to the fowlr owner to pitch their 'sale'. even a tank of volitan lions can be awesome if he can package it nicely with happy and healthy fishes.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Your voices is heard :thumbsup: .. Do keep a look out for this month winner thread coming soon....

Thanks. Beside the FOWLR tank, I wish to see also the nano reef tank winner in the TOTQ. In fact, the smaller the reef tank, the more difficult to maintain as compared with the large reef tank.

• Like 1

IMO keeping so many ocean fishes in a small 6ft tank is torture to the fishes.

No offence. I don't think 6ft tank is small, I can see enough room for the fishes to swim. No matter how big the tank is, the ocean fishes are still being captivated in a tank. If one is too concern about it, then he or she shouldn't keep any fishes in his tank at all, cos the fishes still lose their freedom.

• SRC Member

Why not look at another angle? The fishes are safe in our tanks, no need to swim vast distances to look for food & worry about predators. Every time once it is meal time, sure got yummy food drop in. Fot corals, they also can PE all day long without fishes poke at them. Their owners will feed them, maintain constant parameters using the best equipment they can afford. If any of u still want to argue here, then the person who is most fit to do so will be the person who don't keep fishes or reefing as all of us here is guilty of some kind or another based on what had been mentioned above.

No offence. I don't think 6ft tank is small, I can see enough room for the fishes to swim. No matter how big the tank is, the ocean fishes are still being captivated in a tank. If one is too concern about it, then he or she shouldn't keep any fishes in his tank at all, cos the fishes still lose their freedom.

Coral and fishes are living things. So basically they are the same. In fact I am more against coral. Why?

First, you are breaking up the home of the fishes. Without home, the fishes will not grow in number easily.

Second, the grow of coral are very slow, it takes many years to grow. The spawning of coral occurred I think once a year. As compared with fishes, it can grow very fast snd spawn many many times in a year with a good home/ corals around.

Third, put many corals in a tank is also stress to the corals. So it is the same as fishes. Except fish shows it very obviously.

No offence to everyone. It is food for thought.

Why not look at another angle? The fishes are safe in our tanks, no need to swim vast distances to look for food & worry about predators. Every time once it is meal time, sure got yummy food drop in. Fot corals, they also can PE all day long without fishes poke at them. Their owners will feed them, maintain constant parameters using the best equipment they can afford. If any of u still want to argue here, then the person who is most fit to do so will be the person who don't keep fishes or reefing as all of us here is guilty of some kind or another based on what had been mentioned above.

Im not argueing here but just telling him if he sees us reefer who keep only fishes tank is cruel, , then if hes keeping a reef tank then hes also the same...the pot calling the kettle black!!!!!!!!!.btw im keeping both fowler and reef...but im doing my best to keep them happy in my tank...

• Like 2