LFS Recommendation & Ratings

• SRC Member

hi guys, :lol:

Would like to start this thread for recommendation of LFS in Singapore.

Let's post all the LFS in here so newbies like me can visit them for good buy.

So let me started off:

Yesterday, as recommended by one reefers, i went down to Mach Pherson LFS given by one of the reefers. The company name is Gold Coast.

IMO, the LFS is simple but the varieties of the FS and corals are well stocked and well mantained, spoke to the boss and get to know his name is Toni. Friendly & outspoken person.

As a starter, I asked him to recommend me some corals for a beginner like me. He advises me, asked for my water parameters, asked a lot of questions before showing me the corals. That was good, I never came across a LFS boss like that. Then, he brought me to the back and saw quite a few big and nice fishes like "sohal tang" but he advises me not to buy first. I realised that all his fishes are quarantine before selling off. Also, when a customers would like to buy fishes,he will feed them with pellets to show that all fishes are healthy and can eat. Im happy with the services and the way he kept and maintained all his fishes...I think of course the prices are cost effective and suitable for a beginner like me. Buy corals and GET FREE fishes!

IN fact, he will asked for our names and contact numbers, if there's any new stocks coming in. he will SMS us. Besides that, if we would like to order stocks that not available, he have a few files for you to choose and order! :D

So do drop by, and lets share with all our fellow reefers!

God bless and enjoy your weekend! :)

Address: Gold Coast Aquarium & Trading

445 MacPherson Road

Singapore 368156

Tel:62862778

Ratings

environment: 3/5

Fishes varieties: 3/5

Corals varieties: 3/5

Staff services:5/5

Maintanance:5/5

So go down and vist yourself.

note: all these are my personal views. Do discuss after visiting!

:thanks:

Regards,

Wilson

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

thanks for the updates....definately will try it out when i'm free....

however, you might want to visit a lot more LFS like marine life, irawna, sea life, ocean planet, bio-ocean....etc....i believe you will readjusted your rating by then....;)

• SRC Member

not really , u know where winson hotel? just furthur down...there bus 62 and 151 just oustside the shop. if not, u can go to www.streetdirectory.com.sg for the exact location.

• SRC Member
thanks for the updates....definately will try it out when i'm free....

however, you might want to visit a lot more LFS like marine life, irawna, sea life, ocean planet, bio-ocean....etc....i believe you will readjusted your rating by then....;)

Hahhahaha.....you are right....

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

jireh LFS provide good service.

the pretty lady boss explained a lot of marine stuff to me. although i did not buy anything from her, she is still very helpful.

THeir fishes are in excellent shape. The yellow tang that i bought started to eat almost immediately when added to my 4 ft tank.

Good service!

• SRC Member

Thanks Bros....the Shop u recommend "GOLD COAST" at Macpherson is alot better than any shop i frequent before.

The Boss give mi discount after i mention the SRC. The fish which i bought from there seem to be tougher than other shop fish(other shop fish i bought cannot survive for 1 weeks)....alot more tougher and last longer.It really worth my money.

The boss "TONY" is a very friendly and nice guy and i order few type of exotic corals and fish which i can't find in other shop.

I definitely recommend all reefer to frequent the shop.......

Thanks Wil_76....next time any better shop than "GOLD COAST" pls pm mi.

• SRC Member
When you have gone to MarineLife you will be doing this..... :bow::bow::bow:

:lol::lol::lol:

hm to: ancelot and other ML supporters

todae i went down to ML with another SRC member and another reefer frend of mine

frankly speaking...after all the hoo haa about the place, we were kinda expecting sth grand and big but to our dismay, it was

1)kinda messy, small and cramp

2)lifestocks few and not very impressive

although 3) uncle was friendly and helpful

NOTE!:i'm not here to put ML down, infact, i'm writing this thread to ask the fervent supporters of ML to tell me wat exactly about the place has grabbed yr hearts?...this is so that i may go down a 2nd time with a completely brand new and better perspective of the place

Shoelevy... ML is not famous for being tidy, big and spacious. Nor the fact that their tanks are always cramped with livestock like some shops are famous for. Your point 3 is the most important point and that kind of overshadows point 1 and 2. ;)

Also point 2 can be disputed because the good stuff always gets snapped up quickly when they come in. He's a little pricey at times but you justify it by the care, effort and QC that he puts into his livestock.

Not speaking up because he's a sponsor here but because I have been his customer for some time already and has never felt point 1 and 2 are that important to me.

What did Henry do to deserve this????????? :cry2:

How far away from truth do we want to go? Why are we still putting up with all these nonsense! :angry:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

okie dokie...thanks guys.

maybe i jus caught his shop at a bad time todae

oh ya...i did see alot of stuff being safe kept by him and he says its for customers

so does it mean i can actually get him to find me sth i wan and get him to reserve it for me untili can collect?

• SRC Member
ML is famous for bringing in rare species & importantly healthy livestok.... give yourself some time to visit Henry again..... lookout for stocks update...

yup...very very healthy and nice and rare ls....i bought a few ls from him...and up till now...none died...eats once into the tank...never had any problem with them....

its not the bad name u caught....is just he hasnt had any stocks for around 2 weeks, most of his stocks had been snapped up...next week got new shipment....u go down and see...and u will change your mind

okie dokie...thanks guys.

maybe i jus caught his shop at a bad time todae

oh ya...i did see alot of stuff being safe kept by him and he says its for customers

so does it mean i can actually get him to find me sth i wan and get him to reserve it for me untili can collect?

Bro, henry is one of the guy that I knoe that is willing to reserve fishes for his clients if there are sincere and genuine. He also does that for even sensity fishes such as AT or even Moorish!

You can praise any LFS for all you want but dun anyhow bash mah. Especially ML. Most of us are indebted to him in many ways.

I for one have received so many advises from him and I am sure lots of bros and sis here can attest to that.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

Bro, henry is one of the guy that I knoe that is willing to reserve fishes for his clients if there are sincere and genuine. He also does that for even sensity fishes such as AT or even Moorish!

You can praise any LFS for all you want but dun anyhow bash mah. Especially ML. Most of us are indebted to him in many ways.

I for one have received so many advises from him and I am sure lots of bros and sis here can attest to that.

hey gouldian...i didn't bash him!

i merely stated my opinions so that people can correct whatever is wrong about my opinion rite?

u can't possibly change my opinion if u dun even noe wat i'm thinking rite?

wat i said about ML jus now was to express my opinion in an attempt to get my opinions changed

i undersatnd ML is a gd shop...that is the reason y i even bothered to express my views to get them changed...if i dun respect ML's reputation...i wouldn't even haf bothered asking u guys bout the greatness of his shop ma rite?

relax gouldian... :yeah:

hey gouldian...i didn't bash him!

i merely stated my opinions so that people can correct whatever is wrong about my opinion rite?

u can't possibly change my opinion if u dun even noe wat i'm thinking rite?

wat i said about ML jus now was to express my opinion in an attempt to get my opinions changed

i undersatnd ML is a gd shop...that is the reason y i even bothered to express my views to get them changed...if i dun respect ML's reputation...i wouldn't even haf bothered asking u guys bout the greatness of his shop ma rite?

relax gouldian... :yeah:

Bro, I have also just express my views to your views too.

So does that even out everything? ;)

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

yupz!

we're even!

btw...wen does he usually bring stocks in?

Like all LFS loh, they try to bring in arounf Thurs and Fri to capture the Weekend crowd loh. ;)

Is there any fish you are looking for?

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of: