NKF's administration brought to public scrutiny

koniyakutz

• SRC Member

I'm waiting to see on Thursday when the numbers don't jump whether these artists can cover their hearts and say:"these cancer-stricken patients needs you, please call".

Or will anyone slip and say:" Mr Du**i needs you, please call"

I think (marine) therefore I am

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting to see on Thursday when the numbers don't jump whether these artists can cover their hearts and say:"these cancer-stricken patients needs you, please call".

Or will anyone slip and say:" Mr Du**i needs you, please call"

ha ha... any-1 who say tt on the show will instantly be S'porean idol. :lol:

I think there will still be donation but don't think the figure will be as spectacular

• SRC Member

the best part for them is that during the show..they flash out the number for donating...imagine..those innocent ppl thought tt they are donating $5..later when they call the number that had been flash out on tv..the bills come is equally 2 8 calls!!!..i find this is no difference from conning lo...my 2 cents... :P

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

btw, have u seen the interior of such centers?

believe me...one of the center has got a marine tank (bigger than a 3x3x3ft) in between every bed for the patientss..... guess where most of our donations goes too... maintaining of these beauty marine tanks.... wonder which company got the contract... "RICE PAIL" man...

Henry Tan

Sembawang

3x1.5x1.5 2.5x1x1.5

LS

1xfire clown/ 1xyellow boxer

1xpercular/ 1xcoral beauty

1xboxer/ 2xfire shrimps

1xcoral beauty/ 2xfalse clowns

2xhawk fish/ 1xane crab

1xyellow tail damsel/ 2xcleaners

3xturbo snails

2xhermits

1xtomato clown

Set up.....

Sump - Done

DIY Cabinet - Done

DIY Overflow Pipe - Done

• SRC Member
the best part for them is that during the show..they flash out the number for donating...imagine..those innocent ppl thought tt they are donating $5..later when they call the number that had been flash out on tv..the bills come is equally 2 8 calls!!!..i find this is no difference from conning lo...my 2 cents... :P

haha...

me worst... :angry:

the previous nkf donating,

my niece call 2 time .(1 x $68 & 1 x )

in the end singtel bill me $600+.... :angry:

• SRC Member
Just heard over the news that:

1.  NKF reserves, without anymore donation, can sustain their expenses (2003) for 30 years.

2. Durai, is a director, in SEVERAL companies, without informing NKF, which he says is inconsequential.

3. NKF has 8 chauffered cars at the disposal of senior management.

WTFFFFFFFF :angry:

Kay Siao quiet quiet indirectly xxxxx $$$

Kangtao broken liao lor, faster return to cave

now stay low profile.....

withdraw all claims against SxH

CEO

MD

EXE

THIS what Singapore is now CHARITABLE ORGANISATION for the rich or for the poor or health stricken

SUCKS

TO a rich man face is the most important, TO THE SICK FINANCIAL HELP FROM nON profit ORGANIZATION IS THE TOP most priority.

Why donate so much when someone or some group of people reap from it

this is all excuses.

this is like a beggar down the street having beg the day through and at the end goes home ina taxi and keeping a 6ft tank Marine of course and BMW Z4 at home

When he is exposed quickly cover up by giving excuses

POT CALL THE KETTLE BLACK

CAN OUR GOVERNMENT TAKE SOME ACTION AGAINST THIS KIND OF PEOPLE

IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE IN AUTHORITY YOU CAN BECOME SO ANTI SOCIAL

I WONDER IF HE EVER GETS KIDNEY PROBLEMS

HE SURE USE MONEY TO BUY LIFE TRANSPLANT KIDNEY FROM INDIA OR SRILANKA >>>>>>GAN WU LUI MAH 1.8MILLION

hOW MANY of us here can earn even 1oo,ooo in our lifetime

XXXXX this is ridiculous he think he is what top gun of NKF or President of NKF or patron...

• SRC Member

I didn't know that I AM NOT STUPID AT ALL.

I didn't donate any money to NKF AT ALL :) but to others needy.

Since I knew about NKF 10 years back, I knew it's FISHY.

Remember, their FREE HELATH SCREENING ?

Here is TRUE story.

The public listed company want their blue collors worker to have so called FREE HEALTH SCREENING, so they called up NKF.

NKF advised that the company need 900 people to show up otherwise S$ 600 for their allowance ( WHAT THE HECK IS THAT )

And don't forget , after 10$ worth of health screening FREE, they ask you to donate $5 every month for 1 year ( GEEEZ WHY IS THIS CALL FREE, MAY BE SHOULD CALLED INSTALLMENT PLAN ).

And so on on.....

It's all I want to said, it happend 2 years ago

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
btw, have u seen the interior of such centers?

believe me...one of the center has got a marine tank (bigger than a 3x3x3ft) in between every bed for the patientss..... guess where most of our donations goes too... maintaining of these beauty marine tanks.... wonder which company got the contract... "RICE PAIL" man...

COMPANY'S ENTITLEMENT MAH !!!!![/B]

• SRC Member
1. If NKF and mr durai backed out of the law suit now, who's paying for the legal fees? durai or NKF(using the $ that people donated to NKF)?????

If this is the case, under normal circumstances, NKF will offer money to SPH to allow to drop the suit, if not the already pissed off judge will make NKF to pay for all the court and legal charges for all parties. Judges need to eat as well. :D

2. Will the court ask the rest of the board of directors to the stand oso? Since they are the ones who started the episode? Can they jus back out of it like that after creating such a big ho-ha?

CEO is the biggest position of NKF. So from a legal point of view the rest of the directors are not required. But if the court needs clarification from the board's decision, directors will still be summoned.

3. Since mr durai has admitted travelling 1st class, the 2 poor guys who were sued by him should come forward and sue him back and get back wat was lost.

He did say he did not travel in 1st class before 1998, after that then got.... so unless the two persons can produce evidence that Durai did travel 1st class under the entitlement of NKF before 1998, then will they stand a chance. But noting that the 2 persons had relented in the deframatory suit, the judge will take this into consideration as well.

4. Will the plumber be asked to the stand? As he was the one who made a big ho-ha tat mr durai was using a gold plated tap?

He needs to despite his refusal if the court requires him to do so. The defense may wish to show that the story of the golden tap is true. But looks like it's not neccessary since Durai admitted to the intended installation of the golden tap.

5. Does NKF needs a CEO and run a "non-profit" organisation like a business company? Can the govt audit them like any ministry dept? Y cant the govt take over the organisation. People says that civil service staffs are inefficient and wastes govt or peoples' money, however i think that they can do a equally good job. I bet tat they wont be getting such a big paycheck, definately no CEOs, definately no $900 taps and definately if there is a Head of NKF(govt appointed), there wont be a personal toilet in his office.

Charitable organisations are allowed to spent a stated fraction of their obtained donations on administration, salary, expenses that are deemed fit to substain the function of the entity. But since the donations and reserves are so much, NKF does have a bigger "spending" power over other smaller organisation.

Government will unlikely to take over charitable organisations as this will:

1. Make people suspicious of government's usage of funds. PAP needs to remain as "clean" as possible despite Temasek holdings. :P

2. Laws are all in place to keep this organisations in check.

3. Better make the public pay for the less fortunate than out of government's budget when times are bad and donations lessen.

:evil: Hope NKF will not sue a penniless man like me for these personal views. :evil:

1) NKF will have to pay the legal fees of SPH and the Court fees. They started the claim and now withdrew it, the court will definitely order them to pay costs. And yes, since it was a suit by NKF (Durai is not stupid) it will be paid for out of NKF funds, i.e. OUR MONEY DONATED TO THEM.

2) NKF initiated the defamation suit. They can withdraw it without "offering" any money to SPH. The Board of Directors do not have to take the stand, the suit is over. This is exactly their intention, to do damage control and prevent more bad info from being leaked out.

3) Yes, they probably won't do anything as Durai said that he only travelled first class (on NKF money) after 1998.

4) The case is closed. The plumber won't be called. Except maybe by the New Paper :evil:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

1) NKF will have to pay the legal fees of SPH and the Court fees. They started the claim and now withdrew it, the court will definitely order them to pay costs. And yes, since it was a suit by NKF (Durai is not stupid) it will be paid for out of NKF funds, i.e. OUR MONEY DONATED TO THEM.

2) NKF initiated the defamation suit. They can withdraw it without "offering" any money to SPH. The Board of Directors do not have to take the stand, the suit is over. This is exactly their intention, to do damage control and prevent more bad info from being leaked out.

3) Yes, they probably won't do anything as Durai said that he only travelled first class (on NKF money) after 1998.

4) The case is closed. The plumber won't be called. Except maybe by the New Paper :evil:

SHAMELESS

500,000 could have brought in more dialysis machine or invested on RND properly

PITY THOSE WHO PASS AWAY WITHOUT PROPER TREATMENT BECOS OF FINANCIAL PROBLEM

WELL THIS WHAT I CALL GRIEVIOUS HURT ON ON THERE REPUTATION

want to sue PEOPLE FOR gRIEVIOUS HURT MUST ALSO KNOW WHO U R SUEING MAH

BRO AND SISTER DONT DONATE YOUR HARD HARD EARN MONEY TO THESE

satan like organuisation

Hmmm...never donated a single cent to NKF all my life...I could sense evil... :evil:

Come on....why keep so much reserves for the management and for the future? Splurge the reserves on the patients man...Should'nt they be the priority of NKF? Here's what I would do as a compassionate person. 1 beautiful masseuse for each male patient below 40 and a massage chair each for female patients or elderly male patients. Spas and jacuzzis for all patients. Maybe even an underground facility for discreet controlled marijuana enjoyment. As for the reef tanks and planted tanks? Just ask for volunteers from Sgreefclub and the money saved could be used as bonuses for the staff.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
Hmmm...never donated a single cent to NKF all my life...I could sense evil... :evil:

Come on....why keep so much reserves for the management and for the future? Splurge the reserves on the patients man...Should'nt they be the priority of NKF? Here's what I would do as a compassionate person. 1 beautiful masseuse for each male patient below 40 and a massage chair each for female patients or elderly male patients. Spas and jacuzzis for all patients. Maybe even an underground facility for discreet controlled marijuana enjoyment. As for the reef tanks and planted tanks? Just ask for volunteers from Sgreefclub and the money saved could be used as bonuses for the staff.

PEOPLE OCASSIONALLY WITH KIDNEY FAILURE HAVE To be transfer to HOSPICE

to wait for D DAY.

WHY CANT SOME MONEY BE DONATED TO ENHANCE THEIR COMFORT REMAINING DAY.

(BRO AND SISTER YOU SHOULD VISIT ANY HOSPICE AND SEE THAT WAITING FOR DEATH IS A HEARTBREAKING MOMENTS FOR BOTH THE PATIENT AND FAMILY MEMBERS)

YET SOME SO CALL TA CHI SAN JIA WANT TO SUE PEOPLE FOR GRIEVIOUS HURT TO THEIR REPUTATION. AND USING MONEY LIKE AS IF THEY DESERVE IT

WELL I THINK PEOPLE LIKE THEM SURE PLURGE ONE LAH

I BELEIVE HE MUST BE STAYING IN A BIG BUNGALOW

• SRC Member

I just donated $46 plus to NKF.. Not that i wan to donate that much (at least to me) Just that the number they display is the MOST EXPENSIVE number.

And they dun display or tell you the cost of each call. I was waiting for them to say it in the show but it was not mention.

In the end i need to go online to find out...

One point raise by Beebeefl bro has really made my blood boil!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

With their stringent methods of choosing patients to provide susbidies to, many people dun qualify and hence the reserves has risen to a level sufficient to last them 30 years!

Wat the f * c k! ( I dun care of I get a yellow card for this! )

Tink about the people they turned away, slowly, but surely, the family go into financial difficulties... :angry:

Could there be one, just one patient who have died as they have no money for dialysis?! Even one is too many!!!! :angry:

Could there be one, just one patient who have committed suicide as he/she does not want the family to be burdened by the financial strain of dialysis?!?!?! Even one is too many!!!! :angry:

Where's all the love and concern they have professed that they have for the kidney patients on National TV when they asked us for donations?!?!?!?!?

Wat if that one person who died is a loved one?! Wat if this thing that happens to someone so dear to us?! Would it den sink in that we were treated like fools?!

Knowing that kanna pichar lobang about the tap liao still have the cheek to sue people, tinking that by flexing it's legal muscle, it can cover its tracks and fool the entire world...

Wat the f * c k! !@#$%^&*() :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

i personally hate it when i pick up a private call on my mobile phone with an Indian lady on the line, urging me to help them collect funds with a donation card... WTF :angry:

if next time u got a private call n it's an Indian lady, do say the person asked does not exist hor... she will talk talk talk n makan ur talktime! :angry::pirate::nuke:

imagine... even such a freakin num must be in private number (so that u cannot blasklist them)... how discreet can they get.... so they like privacy ehh.... :rolleyes::unsure:<_<:ph34r::fear:

• SRC Member

In fact if you read the papers a week ago, Singapore Cancer society published an article to says that they have nothing to do with this Cancer initiative by NKF ....

Dont you smell something fishy about it .....

The worse off are definitely the patient ... who sacrificed themselves on TV showing their most depressed states ... not knowing that they are being manipulated by the management - making use of their pathetic faces to squeezed more money from the public .... I think it is basically inhumane

And also not to mentioned all those TCS stars who acted out of good will ... some of the TCS stars were also injured and some were banned from contributing because of past injuries .....

Latest news is that he is backing off from the defamation sue ..... is he a nut or what ... thinking that he could outdo SPH....well bingo he just win himself a pack of worms ....It is really too late to back off now as he has just dug his own grave ....

To cancel your Giro contribution to NKF simply go to POSBank website (www.dbs.com.sg)

- click under Payment services

- select delete Giro arrangment

- select your account

- select NKF

• SRC Member

Strange... how come the government hasn't stepped in yet?? Hmmmm.... <_<

Anyway what will happen if the lawsuit comes to no conclusion... then what? will they continue having gold taps and toilet bowls which automatically clean the CEO's arse? is there no other body that can bring them to justice?

But if you ask me... we really cannot because of one (or more) black sheep then stop donating altogether... coz it's not like NONE of the money is going to the patients...

Hopefully they will weed out the bad guys and replace them with honest and humble folk who don't even think about giving themselves a bonus let alone a 12mth one...

• SRC Member

I guess I am not qualify to be a CEO of NKF :)

And DAMNNNNN my company owes me 150K. I should have know NKF CEO earlier to learn how to get 12 months bonus.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
In fact if you read the papers a week ago, Singapore Cancer society published an article to says that they have nothing to do with this Cancer initiative by NKF ....

Dont you smell something fishy about it .....

The worse off are definitely the patient ... who sacrificed themselves on TV showing their most depressed states ... not knowing that they are being manipulated by the management - making use of their pathetic faces to squeezed more money from the public .... I think it is basically inhumane

And also not to mentioned all those TCS stars who acted out of good will ... some of the TCS stars were also injured and some were banned from contributing because of past injuries .....

Latest news is that he is backing off from the defamation sue ..... is he a nut or what ... thinking that he could outdo SPH....well bingo he just win himself a pack of worms ....It is really too late to back off now as he has just dug his own grave ....

To cancel your Giro contribution to NKF simply go to POSBank website (www.dbs.com.sg)

- click under Payment services

- select delete Giro arrangment

- select your account

- select NKF

ok ...got it ... :D

I've personally stopped supporting NKF for years after I heard inside stories too.

AND I know about his first class travel because my friend's dad flew 1st class and had the misfortune to take the next seat with him! He was boasting about who he was and my friend's dad just turned to him and said that he'll never support NKF again to his face. :lol:

I think this happened many years ago... potentially even before 1998? Can't remember.... geez!

• SRC Member

Seen so many people here blood boiled over NKF. We should all boycott them from now on. Donate to other charitiy organisations better.

I better asked my company to stop our next month free NKF screening. Heard they use pressurised tactic to ask you for further screening.

e.g. when staff go for this so called screening, they only conduct basic test, then after screening, they will make you worried by telling you your this is high that is high. Then they advise you to go for further screening in their branch. So people got worried and go for screening. They have the cheek to tell you the cost of conducting these further screening is $20+ where you can find it $100+ outside. But when you go there, they further asked you to go for more screening and making people worried over minor things. So one would be worried and go for more stringent tests resulting $100+ poorer in the end. All these tests are unnecessary, but people just go there because of being worried over their remarks.