NKF FACTS: We are focusing wrongly

minsmarine

• SRC Member

I read today papers , some comments from our PM's wife and appearly that everyone is focusing on

CEO's pay package

gold tap

8 Cars.

I think we are wrong. We should be focusing on

1. NKF claim that they subscidies howeve according to papers and some calculation

They subscidice only 20%.

2. They are claiming like they are saving 10 over thousands people like making big deal.

In fact, they are just 20% subsciding 2,000 people. Eg, only 400 people.

And their critrial to get subscidie is very difficult ( RAV 65 has more story ).

3. They claim 1,000 patient or 50% more than they are taking care of.

Why ?

4. They claim their reserve will last for only 3 years.

Why ?

5. Why did CEO give contracts to the companies which he has interest in.

Under Company Act, he is not supposed to unless , the board agreed to it.

6. CEO himself knows whatever published in TRUE and he sue publisher and reporter.

What does it mean, if publisher and reporter didn't have enough money to dip all the information and get a good lawyer, HE WIN.

Does it mean MONEY IS LAW IN SINGAPORE.

For now I can just think of all.

I am wonder why our goverment is focusing on CEO pays and NKF reserve only.

Is goverment trying to shift our focus.

If it's, opposition you got my vote for no reason.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

I agree with you kokhui

7. Why NKF needs almost 1,000 staffs to support 2,000 patient.

When the patient needs to visit only every alternate week.

Even if 20% is admin, isn't it too much admin.

Any more FACTS To contribute to think.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

Huh? i thought I already tried to emphasize that they dun subsidise fully for 2000 patients in the original thread? That's why I was damn angry... but maybe the posts were coming in thick and fast and many people didn't notice... :P

The truth is, if I'm not wrong ( has to be verified ), although they only help 2000 patients, there are people who go to NKF dialysis centres to have dialysis even when they are not subsidised at all, dat means they go there for the service, like a paying-customer....

Many of them do not know, that dialysis in a private clinic is about the same price, if not cheaper... :angry:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Dat's wat i heard, but not 100% sure, coz the source maybe wrong... but I did ask my sis why she dun go NKF for dialysis and I think that's wat she told me, it was some time ago, so my memory maybe bad... :(

this was discussed in y'day's straits time - how much dialysis costs at pte centres...

• SRC Member
Be patient! What we saw was only the tip of a big iceberg. Everything will be "surface" and taken care of systematically. Just wait and see. What had happened is only the prelude of more to come.

Somehow I am quite scptical about this, bro. Will the truth really be out and that NKF get more backlash from the public? Will the "garment" really allow this to happen? :whistle

Will the truth really be out without any censorship? Time will tell. :fear:

• SRC Member

I believe uneducated or emotional uncontrollable person will complain about CEO's Salary and so called Entitlements.

However, educated and high in EQ person will ask to JUSTIFY pay and entitlement.

So far our goverment stands that Salary is JUSTIFIABLE and we didn't see the point as well.

In yesterday paper, our PM's wife paper just said SALARY & ENTITLEMENT IS JUSTIFIABLE, I have no doubt in it. Because CEO is running the company and 200M + fund able to put aside, it's justifiable. However, claim about like

Without NKF there will be no tomorrow for Kidny paitient is too much. Since I'd listed all the question.

Shall we let focus on these points to discuss ( And your view Ofcourse ).

But remember, NOT TO TAKE IT PERSONAL OR ATTACK THE PERSON.

Singapore is Democracy country so we can raise our view and what we think, whether TRUE or HALF TRUE or PARTLY TRUE is will be decided by TIME.

Frankly speaking, I could not able to sleep well @ night, keep thinking NKF issue. Even though I did donate ZERO $ in the past cause I knew it was fishy long ago ( SEE I AM SMART HUH ). I am just a ordinary citizen but of course I did learn Political Science Before.

And I am reading through opposition's website as well, so far they have no solution.

We need someone to say TO DO WHAT, no need any more COMPLAIN since we already enough.

Happy Reefing.

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
I believe uneducated or emotional uncontrollable person will complain about CEO's Salary and so called Entitlements.

careful man......because it means as an educated man, you will see why a S$900 tap is ok..... :lol::lol:

anyway, i do agreed that salary is not the real issue here as end of the day a 600,000 CEO fees for a 200 Million fund is fair.....

BUT if there is truth in them serving only 20% of the 2000 patient and there are 1000 staff for 2000 patients...... :angry:

Like I mentioned before.... it's one thing getting $600K salary, i.e. $50k/mth...

but it's very different getting $25k/mth and 12 months bonus....

In economic hardship and when the reserves can only last 3 years, do you pay 12 months bonus?! Only someone who has been untrue would do dat.... How come the person on one hand tell the public how badly the patients need their assistance, while knowing the reserves can last 30 years and accept a 12 months bonus at the same time really baffles me....

BEAR IN MIND THAT ALL THESE $$$ IS THROUGH PUBLIC DONATION...

He may be CEO and as a CEO, it's fair for his salary and entitlements ( even if it's $50k/mth ) BUT!!! in this case, the "profits" of the company is all donated by the public, for the welfare of the needy... Was the public ever told that we're donating for the "good job" done by the staff and management of NKF???

FOR THREE YEARS, WHILE THE ECONOMY IS SLOWLY REVIVING, THE ASSHOLE WAS WALKING AWAY WITH 12 MONTHS BONUS YEAR AFTER YEAR WHILE THE MAN ON THE STREET HAVE TO TIGHTEN THEIR PURSE STRINGS JUST TO MAKE ANOTHER CALL TO DONATE?!

I rest my case...

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

careful man......because it means as an educated man, you will see why a S$900 tap is ok..... :lol::lol:

anyway, i do agreed that salary is not the real issue here as end of the day a 600,000 CEO fees for a 200 Million fund is fair.....

BUT if there is truth in them serving only 20% of the 2000 patient and there are 1000 staff for 2000 patients...... :angry:

It is ok to pay him that amount if he is really functioning like a CEO. However, this is a charity organization. He is collecting money and not generating money.

If he wants to earn as much as in the private sector, he should get a decent job like the public.

• SRC Member

Being a professional, ethics and competence has always to be like a garland around professional's neck....

Durai is generating the collection of money and he uses it for good - so is he an evil man ? :lol:

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

saw this at sammyboy forum:

I did some surfing. Thought it would be a good idea to do some bloody comparisons between Singapore's NKF with the one in US.

This is Singapore's NKF 2003 financial figures which have also been reported widely in the media:

(in $M)

[iNCOME]

Donations: 68.2

Dialysis fees collected from patients: 22.9

Other income: 1.5

TOTAL INCOME = 92.7

[EXPENSES]

Fund raising cost: 16.6

Public relations & Education: 10.1

Patients' dialysis and transplantation: 31.6

Adminstration: 10.8

TOTAL EXPENSES = 69.1

[RESERVES]

EXCESS INCOME GOING TO RESERVES = 23.6

---------------------------------------

NKF Subsidy = 31.6-(22.9+1.5) = 7.2 (also reported in the media)

Therefore, for every dollar of donation collected:

10.5% for NKF Subsidies for dialysis and transplantation

24.3% for Fund Raising

14.8% for PR & Educations

15.8% for Administration

34.6% for Reserves

Now, for comparisons, let's look at the National Kidney Foundation in the US: www.kidney.org. Under the About Us section, there is a PDF document which briefly describes their expenses in FY2002:

29% for Patient Services

13% for Community Services

9% for Fund Raising

14% for Professional Education

17% for Public Health Education

9% for Management and General

9% for Research

So, we can immediately bloody see here, our NKF Admin overhead is bloody overblown (I think Durai's salary should be classified in here). SG NKF admin cost is 15.8% while the equivalent for US's NKF is only 9%. Ours is almost 2X of US's.

Next, let's look at fund raising. Bloody hell, SG NKF is 24.3% and US is 9%. It's almost 3X that of US's. All I can say is Durai and his gang are bloody inefficient in raising fund.

The US NKF classifies these 2 items as non-program directed expenditure (ie, they are overheads) and adding them up only constitutes 18% (9%+9%). And ours? A bloody 40.1%!

Now coming to subsidies, we all now know that Durai and gang only give 10.5% of the donated dollar to patients. For the US's NKF, it's 29%! And if you throw in expenditure for the community services (13%) which constitutes support programs for patient's family members for US NKF, that is 42% of benefits back to patients and family members - 4X more than ours!!!

From these comparisons, one can conclude that Durai and gang are more interested in raising funds to benefit themselves more than our patients!!!

So, was NKF managed properly? Did NKF fulfiled its primary objectives for the patients/society?

• SRC Member
:huh:

another issue here....bit by bit...NKF's secret will be exposed to the public.. :P

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

NKF did fufill its primary objectives (function) sufficiently for the patients in its purpose and

the "NKF managed properly" is purely a matter of efficiency.

Do not get me wrong, i am not with Durai nor the public, but to find fault one must dig deep so that when you throw a stone at him, you throw with FULL FORCE and without any hesistation, reservations and a good conscience...so that every single hit will KNEEL him down - STONE HIM TO DEATH STONE HIM TO DEATH !!!

Whoever has not commit a sin yourself (big or small) with intent of evil in deeds and thoughts may throw a stone at him first - if you have, shall i throw a stone at you too ???

Be warned that all the turn-outs at the charitable gatherings are attesting to the righteousness of the act AND the Foundation itself, sufficiently so that the support is seen as one (believe everyone in one way or the other did support it in monetary terms and physical aid - so you are one?).

The SUPPORT in the then perceived good act will eventually become "IN-COHORTS" in its strictest form and i believe many people will get involved?

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

I remember the guilty look on the face that has etched in my mind when someone who was previously a very high ranking person in the Governmental agency had at previous does lotsa pitching and selling of the cause to its people in donation and in long-term commitment, perhaps can anyone explain to me why was there a certain conscience in his look?

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

SOMETHING WRONG IN FUND RASING........

According to NKF

Fund raising cost: 16.6M.

Fund collected : 68.2M.

Before we are talking about PR, Over Head, Other expenses for fund raising,

16.6 / 68.2 M = 24.34% ( ALMOST 25% GOES NO WHERE )

This is included GIRO collection which need not to pay so much to bank. I believe they collected around 1 to 2M every month from GIRO collection than ( I may be wrong, but based on assuming , 250,000 people donate 10$ average )

TV , Telemarketing Fund raising is

16.6 / ( 68.2 M - 12M ) = 29.53%

Mean all the TV Show if you donate 1$ than before reach to NKF ( NOT PATIENT YET OK ), 0.30$ GONE. So left with 0.70$.

Geez, remember he has interest in TeleMarketing Company in India, how much did he contract out ?

SOMETHING WRONG WITH SUBSCIDE......

Patients' dialysis and transplantation: 31.6

Adminstration: 10.8

So total expenses for Patient is 41.6M

Than they collected back

Dialysis fees collected from patients: 22.9 M

So mean 22.9 M / 41.6M = 55% patient paid.

Here is the catch, why administration is 10M while the whole cost 31.6M. Because almost 1,000 staffs to support 2,000+ patient ?

And 10M / 1,000 staffs = average their salary per ann is 10,000 only ?

Something wrong right, if he took 600K from 10M than worse, he is not paying enough to his staff.

See here

10M - 600k = 9.4M / 1,000 staff = 9,400 per ann ? mean all the nurses get only 800+ per month ?

If NKF claim that admin is only for OFFICE STAFFS and Nurses/Doctor costs are already in ( Patients' dialysis and transplantation ) cat , than WORSE.

NKF subscide only they spent 10M on admin while they are helping patient @ 18.7M.

Geeez.

I don't want to calculate some more , cause I will know more.

Knowing more is nowaday NO GOOD.

Happy Reefing.

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

I can tell you exCEO of NKF is A VERY GOOD FUND RAISER.

but it does not mean he is qualify for Chairty Org.

We call it chairty because they GIVE.

Ocean Gump