Worth the trip????

Anyone can tell me what is soooo good about Marine Life?

I stay in Pasir Ris and don't know if it is worth my trip there.

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Well, that's why I created the Weekly LFS report... so people won't waste too much time going to far off LFS and fishfarms, only to find empty tanks and no stock! :D

Check out the current week's LFS report... it's dated from Monday to Sunday of the week (check the dates).

• 2 weeks later...

eh..? I hear some feedback he attend to bigger "fishes" n let small waited..? ah, he can contact via me n I let him talk to my fren if he wants to verify. haha..!

maybe someone wants to verify this truth too..?

• SRC Member
eh..? I hear some feedback he attend to bigger "fishes" n let small waited..? ah, he can contact via me n I let him talk to my fren if he wants to verify. haha..!

i think that's the case for most places, not only LFS

sad as it may seem, but that's a fact of life

:(

• SRC Member
bwilly Posted on Oct 16 2003, 12:45 PM

no la...

some times he attend to me...

some times i also wait for quite some time...

depends on who he's attending to at the moment la.

last time got ah chan help him...

now its a one man show, give him some slack la :P

• SRC Member
bwilly Posted on Oct 16 2003, 12:45 PM

He is running a business and not charity school. He tried his best to attend to all customers but sometimes there are too many for him to handle. Given a choice it is normal that he would attend to those that buy more. I do not expect him to be attentive to everyone when there is a crowd. I find him knowledgeable and able to give useful advice such as compatibility. Some of his price is higher no doubt. Choose a "quite" timing (Mon, Tue) if you want to chat with him.

• SRC Member

He is running a business and not charity school. He tried his best to attend to all customers but sometimes there are too many for him to handle. Given a choice it is normal that he would attend to those that buy more. I do not expect him to be attentive to everyone when there is a crowd. I find him knowledgeable and able to give useful advice such as compatibility. Some of his price is higher no doubt. Choose a "quite" timing (Mon, Tue) if you want to chat with him.

i normally refrain from commenting on LFS. but i agree with panlee on this.

Henry is very friendly and knowledgeable. IMO, he will find time for ALL his customers, regardless of 'size' but sometimes, his shop is too crowded and he is a one-man show!! so 'first-come, first-serve' or those who are genuinely selecting / buying something.

so, we try to go on 'off-peak' hours....so that we can chat and learn from him and he always find time for his customers... and if we happen to chance upon a crowd, we understand that he is busy and has do not expect him to attend to us immediately. but if any customer need his help, he will assist. he also will not hover around u when u 'shop' and will assist u if needed... so maybe that's why some think he's 'tao'

he is one of the few LFS owner who gives sincere advice and not just concern about making $$$.

• SRC Member

We find him quite a nice guy. Even tho we were obviously newbies, it was evident he was not 1 of those "typical" LFS owners/staff that tries 2 con newbies 4 their sheer ignorance. Yes he didn't chat us up immediately when we walked in the store but he was attending 2 some customers that were already there when we walked in.

Even tho me & my friend were just looking around, he was kind enugh 2 approach us, even tho women R not yr usual "reefer-type". He was very polite & obliging (even giving us some advice on white spots etc). Have heard lots of nice comments bout him & wasn't dissapointed on our 1st visit.

MayB like the other reefers say, his stuff is priced a bit higher but then again - U pay 4 quality products, professionalism & good service, with a smile :D (compared 2 some farm personnel who R perpetually in frowns & scowls ;)).

Just my humble opinion ...

Henry of Marine Life. what can I say. he is a very VERY nice guy who is more than willing to dish out valuable advice to me. when I told him I was a complete moron when it comes to marine fish, he didn't laugh at all, but merely said "we all have to start somewhere"

I felt very encouraged by it and its a shop I'll definitely patronise again. in fact I'll be doing so next week to get my chiller from him. hahaha haven't even bought the tank yet and I buy chiller already. :P

gonna go meet him dis sunday

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif