Weekly Update - 19th to 25th Jan 2009

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little :off::P

Bro... what is your colour combi? I read quite a bit on the T5s thread in RC, and thought of getting something like this for a 6 tube setting:

Front glass

ATI Blue +

ATI Actinic

ATI Aquablue Special

ATI Pro Colour

ATI Aquablue Special

ATI Blue +

if u nt keeping SPS dun reali nid pro colour..

• SRC Member
A little :off::P

Bro... what is your colour combi? I read quite a bit on the T5s thread in RC, and thought of getting something like this for a 6 tube setting:

Front glass

ATI Blue +

ATI Actinic

ATI Aquablue Special

ATI Pro Colour

ATI Aquablue Special

ATI Blue +

bro mine is 8tubes, left to right:

ATI Actinic

ATI Aquablue Special

ATI Pro Colour

ATI Blue +

ATI Aquablue Special

ATI Actinic

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Aquablue Special

• SRC Member

and oh ya bro, pro-colour is very good for pink SPSs..

your colour combi might look very reddish in the centre, because of the white and red tubes.. maybe if u switch over 1 blue tube it will help neutralise the redness of pro-colour..

u going for SPS soon eh? :eyebrow:

• Senior Reefer

hehe just came back from GO on new years day. Alot of very nice corals. Blastos, red and metallic blue, LOTS of red and blue mushrooms, lots of torch, hammer, frogspawn, elegance, SPS, 3 blue zoos left.. TONS AND TONS of zoos, BUBBLE CORALS (BIG/MEDIUM) and LOTS of frogspawn.

hehe just came back from GO on new years day. Alot of very nice corals. Blastos, red and metallic blue, LOTS of red and blue mushrooms, lots of torch, hammer, frogspawn, elegance, SPS, 3 blue zoos left.. TONS AND TONS of zoos, BUBBLE CORALS (BIG/MEDIUM) and LOTS of frogspawn.

:o they are openn today???

anyone know when sealife reopen after CNY?

• Senior Reefer
:o they are openn today???

anyone know when sealife reopen after CNY?

GO shopowners i dont think are chinese de. So they open during CNY. good time to go, no one there so u can cherry pick ur corals with no competition.

• SRC Member

Went to GO last friday...lots of zoas, lots of cynarina and bicolour pratas medium to large sizes. Torch and frogsprawn tons of them.

But find the prices steep...end up i did not buy anything. They have a few very bright coloured open brain trachies and super red cynarinas, shui shui and big....drool man.

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Went to GO last friday...lots of zoas, lots of cynarina and bicolour pratas medium to large sizes. Torch and frogsprawn tons of them.

But find the prices steep...end up i did not buy anything. They have a few very bright coloured open brain trachies and super red cynarinas, shui shui and big....drool man.

The X large frogspawn and torch are quite steeply priced. I bought the small frags with 2-4 heads....2.5 red notes. Wanted to buy the open brain, but din buy coz i bought 4 corals home that day, and wanted to see how they do first before adding anymore new additions. Maybe later this week or next week, going to buy some open brains, maybe 1 more hammer and summore mushies. depending on how my current corals fare

• SRC Supporter

GO is open today till 7pm ;)

My little ocean
Mix Reef-Main tank 30 inches Length x 32 inches Width x 18 inches Height
2 X Skim DC return pump
Aquabee 2000 chiller feeder

Hailea 1/2 Chiller
1 X Tunze nano wavebox

2 X EcoTech Marine Vortech MP10W
Deltec skimmer - Internal
Lumenarc 400watt 12K Reeflux

8 X T5 ATI Powermodule
Prolifux control with external touchscreen display
Refugium keeping chaeto

• Senior Reefer
hw is e zoos selling at GO nw?

lol..x..

clearance rate ?

ya clearance. the 3 blue zoos are from past shipments, never clear...so now they selling. 5 red notes per rock of blue zoos. but...imo, the blue zoos dont look that fantastic. so i din buy it.

Best is dun go LFS during CNY eve... Let ppl have rest mah haha =x Also, i think during new year period the LS all they want to clear so sell cheap, maybe all ppl buy liao. U can try if u wan... I try not to buy LS during cny. wait mati then suay suay lol

Eh.. i thought you said shouldn't go and buy stuff during CNY? should let people rest? Hope your recently bought livestock from GO don't up lorry (aka mati or die) during the CNY. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
The X large frogspawn and torch are quite steeply priced. I bought the small frags with 2-4 heads....2.5 red notes. Wanted to buy the open brain, but din buy coz i bought 4 corals home that day, and wanted to see how they do first before adding anymore new additions. Maybe later this week or next week, going to buy some open brains, maybe 1 more hammer and summore mushies. depending on how my current corals fare

Brother Lemon, you should get the red open trachy, big one...very shui and pui pui. (2 blue notes and 4 reds)

Its worth it, colour very shui. It's about 5 inches.

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Brother Lemon, you should get the red open trachy, big one...very shui and pui pui. (2 blue notes and 4 reds)

Its worth it, colour very shui. It's about 5 inches.

i saw the open brains at GO just now. 7 red notes. dunno if i should buy leh. My budget quite limited. I find like, buying more things with 7 red notes more worth than buying one thing with 7 red notes. But yea, the bright red trachy and open brains dam chio.

• Senior Reefer
Anyone know if CF is open tml?

im not sure. but i think chances are quite good that they are open, since they doing wholesale and export. Better to call them first. go to their website and check?

im not sure. but i think chances are quite good that they are open, since they doing wholesale and export. Better to call them first. go to their website and check?

Checked their website.. Not stated... Will call them tml morning..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

haha ok. BTW, u wan go coral farm buy what? O.o. i always go CF, like they got like, not many variety of coral. u wan buy fish ah? fish they got alot

More towards fish lar.. but not me buying accompany fren go only... haha...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

oh haha. yea CF got good variety of fish. haha i got different places to go when buying different things. Corals, i go GO. ALOT of variety so shiok! =) Fish, CF. Good advice and GOOD QUALITY products, henry at marine life.