Turlte GrassTurtle Grass /weed

jsoon

Its toxic to fish. They won't eat it. So far the only creature I know that will eat it is the lettuce nudibranch. Had one before that wiped out my turtleweed.

Anyway, from my experience, these kind of macroalgae's beautiful but will ultimately crash somehow.

• SRC Member
Its toxic to fish. They won't eat it. So far the only creature I know that will eat it is the lettuce nudibranch. Had one before that wiped out my turtleweed.

Anyway, from my experience, these kind of macroalgae are beautiful but will ultimately crash somehow.

:shock:

what you mean by crash?

dino07.gif

• SRC Member
Turn white, melt and die. Releases toxins into the water.

Hi Achilles Tang

Will all the fishes get kill?

If this is the case, we should never have it in the main tank or sump tank at all?

Thanks

............................................................................................................................................

Feel free to visit my Aquarium blog @

http://taysaquarium.blogspot.sg/

eh...? got such thing meh..?

mine still pretty alright.. got time i take a pic of it.

My Yellow Tang likes to nip at it, n one of my turtle

weed is trim till "Crewcut" nice nice.. my mum thou

I veri the wu eng, take scissors n trim the turtleweed..

• SRC Member

Anyway, from my experience, these kind of macroalgae's beautiful but will ultimately crash somehow.

:shock::shock::shock:

Then I dun know what type of tangs I have...!!! :shock:

They always eat it everytime I forget to replenish their nori and red bamboo!!!

At first, I was puzzled why they always go 'botak'.

Then at the second one then I realised it was the doing of my tangs when I saw them in action!!! To date, they have annihilated seven of them liao!!! :(

Well...I guess there are exceptions... just like some mandarins only eat pods while some eat brine shrimps... :P

• SRC Member

I got one of that before.. a few days later it turned white and there goes my money hehe.

Later do some research and read from somewhere that they need to be placed near moderate to strong current else will turn white