270910 - 031010

• Senior Reefer

I more gem from Steven's Hawaii shipment yesterday. Law , hope you dun mind borrowing your thread.

Griffis Angelfish abt 6"

very beautiful griffis angel!

and an uncommon find too!

• Senior Reefer

Should be quite common. only no demand. If you want, can ask Steven to bring in. Remember the last one he bought in, left there for more than 3 weeks.

yah lah uncommon coz no demand mah.

just like tinker's butterfly, declivis, fremblii, marcell, aya, etc etc. these butterflies are common just no demand.

i dun want griffis. too big. but they look quite cute.

post-15755-029281700 1286036500_thumb.jp

yah lah uncommon coz no demand mah.

just like tinker's butterfly, declivis, fremblii, marcell, aya, etc etc. these butterflies are common just no demand.

i dun want griffis. too big. but they look quite cute.

Ya quite true, the local fish scene is always like that, take for example couple years ago when there's a Luohan craze , everybody juz dive into it and practically you see Luohan everywhere.

Seems like for marine now its the bandit's era, always snap up in no time which ever LFS brought in, irregardless of price, condition or size. Over the years of fishkeeping , i've learned to appreciate more broader spectrum of species and appreciating them. If we, the hobbyist continue to be following blindly and leads by trend, then chances that we're going to see the same fishes coming in to our shore week in week out. Just my 2 cents worth.

Should be quite common. only no demand. If you want, can ask Steven to bring in. Remember the last one he bought in, left there for more than 3 weeks.

Griffis no demand becos of bandit. Griffis is like the ugly duckling of bandit. That why u also bought a bandit and not a griffis.

• SRC Member

Any preview at Ah beng? I heard that there might b red sea n phil shipment

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

Griffis no demand becos of bandit. Griffis is like the ugly duckling of bandit. That why u also bought a bandit and not a griffis.

I agreed with you Digiman . Griffis is not a gem at all. No demand cos nobody want it. So when see this this on our shore, it become a gem. I would rather pay for a Bandit. No easy to keep but at least it is true beauty.

Bandit is a deep water fish and not all diver can go to that depth to catch it.Beside, even they found it. It will never be in a shoal. So the population is very limited. Therefore, it should be considered as rare. I agreed it is a true beauty to me too.

Back to update. LCK will have corals shipment this Wednesday. Time unknown. Will update at a later time.

• Like 1

• Senior Reefer

griffis has a very wide naturally occuring range, which includes the marshall, line islands, solomon, PNG and even northeast indonesia.

they are also quite durable and feed very readily. but they cannot tolerate copper treatments and will develop HLLE very quickly in copper.

their "ugly" nature is what puts people off and thus the low demand for griffis, even though it is a widely available and easy fish. i personally like griffis angel but they always come in in such big sizes.

bandits on the other hand, look more handsome and for the same colour combination, bandits are a more popular choice.

anyway, bro orsony do you know what corals at comign to LCK on wednesday? softies? LPS?

• SRC Member

nothing much at west side..

CF - lots of YT, PT, BT, PBrownT, 1 bandit, a few Goldflakes, 2 nakao, 2 flame, a few radiant, quite a number of rubimarginatus, exquisite wrasses..

LCK - still have some nice-looking bartletts, red scooters, lots of flames, 1 potter, lots of YTs.. pretty much empty..

good luck! :thumbsup:

did LCK move place?? i cannot find the farm at the usual spot.

They move to Lot 201 Since years back... :)

Pls find below navigator from bro Comycus:

LCK address

Cheers...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

nothing much at west side..

CF - lots of YT, PT, BT, PBrownT, 1 bandit, a few Goldflakes, 2 nakao, 2 flame, a few radiant, quite a number of rubimarginatus, exquisite wrasses..

LCK - still have some nice-looking bartletts, red scooters, lots of flames, 1 potter, lots of YTs.. pretty much empty..

good luck! :thumbsup:

Some more add on @ LCK...

1xnice good size Lineatus Fairy Wrasse, 2xFlame Wrasses (1xreserved super red :thumbsup:), Clown Tangs, Huge Cleaner Shrimps, Huge Fire Shirmps, Royal Gammas, Pair Harlequin Shrimp.. Super Suns from previous stock etc,.

Cheers and Happy Reefing...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

any idea if the feeding Golden Angel from CF still available? :)

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• SRC Member

They move to Lot 201 Since years back... :)

Pls find below navigator from bro Comycus:

LCK address

Cheers...

no wonder... haha.. thanks!

Some more add on @ LCK...

1xnice good size Lineatus Fairy Wrasse, 2xFlame Wrasses (1xreserved super red :thumbsup:), Clown Tangs, Huge Cleaner Shrimps, Huge Fire Shirmps, Royal Gammas, Pair Harlequin Shrimp.. Super Suns from previous stock etc,.

Cheers and Happy Reefing...

Also spotted many Caribbean Peppermint Shrimps.

Also spotted many Caribbean Peppermint Shrimps.

The shrimps are kept with one royal gramma right? I saw a royal gramma in the shrimp tank, and there is a shrimp in the gramma's mouth.

Anyway previously i asked if anyone saw royal grammas. I forgot LCK always have royal grammas in stock, quite alot as well.

And also can someone help me verify if there is sunrise dottyback in CF? I saw 1 that looks like it. And also any experience with this dottyback? I read that it is less problematic then its peers.

• SRC Member

The shrimps are kept with one royal gramma right? I saw a royal gramma in the shrimp tank, and there is a shrimp in the gramma's mouth.

Anyway previously i asked if anyone saw royal grammas. I forgot LCK always have royal grammas in stock, quite alot as well.

And also can someone help me verify if there is sunrise dottyback in CF? I saw 1 that looks like it. And also any experience with this dottyback? I read that it is less problematic then its peers.

Sunrise dottyback is from Redsea. Have not seen them quite sometime. An aggressive specimen .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• Senior Reefer

CF does not carry red sea fishes from red sea shipment. their red sea fishes are parallel imported from somewhere.

so unlikely it's flavivertex (sunrise) dottyback, but it's not impossible.

if it looks like this means it is the sunrise dottyback.

post-15755-058712500 1286176686_thumb.jp

CF does not carry red sea fishes from red sea shipment. their red sea fishes are parallel imported from somewhere.

so unlikely it's flavivertex (sunrise) dottyback, but it's not impossible.

if it looks like this means it is the sunrise dottyback.

Or it might be Halichoeres cyanocephalus.. They are very similar...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Or it might be Halichoeres cyanocephalus.. They are very similar...

even more unlikely. H. cyanocephalus is from the atlantic and carribean regions.

CF don't carry any carribean fishes and it's been a very long time since they had carribean fish.

• SRC Member

even more unlikely. H. cyanocephalus is from the atlantic and carribean regions.

CF don't carry any carribean fishes and it's been a very long time since they had carribean fish.

True. H.Cyanocephalus is from Brazil shipment. I am sure bro kuay5 can tell the difference between a Dottyback and a wrasses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....