Need advice on dwarf angels

• SRC Member

Yea will have to agree with lemon that dwarf angels are generally reef safe :) here my list of angels in my tank

King

Queen

2multicolor2flame

Flameback

Agri

Regal

However I read that queen and king will not be reef safe once they grow big :(

i'm impressed.... :thumbsup: u have 2 multicolour angels...this baby also not easy

let's examine this angel together...

l7304smr.jpg

• Moderators

haha...yeah..."come and get me baby"...

Lemon: actually i know nothing abt this angel...thomas was the culprit who introduced this fish to me and so, i became curious...and i agree that perhaps, i m fortunate or the fish is fortunate...haha...cheers mate.

Wau... got "drag in" for nothing ar... :pirate:

Like i mentioned, it is a nice fish but very very difficult.. and you happen to get the right one at the right moment. :thumbsup:

Tom

Think the subject header is clear. Hopefully peppermint dwarf angel will not be suggested. No 100% safe and depends on ur lucky. Buyer will take the risk as it might be safe for initially but u nvr know when they turn to their mother nature habit. So far flame seems the safest for me. Coral beauty also but heard from others that they weren't so lucky. One thing for sure, lemon peel is not safe for me, ate 4 elegances. Lol.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Think the subject header is clear. Hopefully peppermint dwarf angel will not be suggested. No 100% safe and depends on ur lucky. Buyer will take the risk as it might be safe for initially but u nvr know when they turn to their mother nature habit. So far flame seems the safest for me. Coral beauty also but heard from others that they weren't so lucky. One thing for sure, lemon peel is not safe for me, ate 4 elegances. Lol.

Peppermint???? Dun tink will even have a chance to see it...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Yup. So think better stick to the subject header of dwarf and realistic advices. Multi bar, golden, venuatus, colini etc are shy and less readily feeder. Also the source and way caught. Think no one can claim expert as there are many factors to keep them alive. Anything less than 6 months to me is still under monitoring and think many of us encounter fishes just died without any tell tale sign. So far only know a handful experts knowing how to handle angels under different situation but still fate and luck do play their part.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

thks for all the advices and comments bro...guess i might be getting a few dwarf angels such as flame, cherub, flameback, multi color and see how it goes :)

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member

Peppermint???? Dun tink will even have a chance to see it...

Pictures and video surely can see. :chair:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Pictures and video surely can see. :chair:

haha marine is such a lethal passion tat im willing to be poisoned w/o finding ne antidote!! :D

Linked tank
My decommed 3 ft setup

Lol bro then will have the same dwarf angel as me le ^.^

haha :)

Linked tank
My decommed 3 ft setup

thks for all the advices and comments bro...guess i might be getting a few dwarf angels such as flame, cherub, flameback, multi color and see how it goes :)

Hey guys am gonna sell my cherub (1.5"), Caribbean flame back (2.5"), flame angel x 2 (2"), passer angel (1.5") and a royal gamma (2") interested parties pls pm me.

All feeding on pellets, mysis, dr g medicated food and algae on tank walls

For the list of dwarfs u've mentioned i've nothing to worry except for aggression.

In fact adding any dwarfs u will always have to worry about aggression because any dwarf angel once established becomes aggressive to a certain extent, so u may wanna take note on that.

Flameback and cherub are the most aggressive u can find. However flame and multicolor can be bullies too if they are established in a tank.

So if u are to ask me i would say add all four in together if u can. They are quite common to find and u can take a few months to collect all four before releasing all at one go.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

I had my fair share of Shock too for being an Pygmy Angel Lover.

Interestingly, I had the most hard time to get a Coral Beauty to be stabalise in the tank. Finally a Fat One is swimming and eating like a pig in my tank now.

And many other shocking experiences.

I did not add in all the ANgels in one shot (I wish I have the Time and Chance).

Nevertheless, the 'PIG'MY Angels that I am blessed with so far:-

2 x Flame

1 X Flame Back

1 X Bi Colour

1 X Key Hole

1 X Coral Beauty

Acclimatizing Phase:-

Multicolour

Lemon Peel

Actually it's pretty Normal to experience Chase by Resident Angels. Maybe they have places to hide, so All Well Ends Well.

The Really Bad Experiences are due to my Damsels which were introduced at Phase 1 during setting up of my Tank.

Even the Smallest Orange Colour Looking Damsel is having a Heart of a Big Bully. Really an A*S Hol*.

Last week, I managed to catch out 6 of the Damsels using the Fish Trap.

Now things are better. Returned all of them to my Marine Fish Shop.

Those Damsels really gets on my nerve.

I guess everyone has unique, funny or horrible experiences being a 'PIG'MY Angel Lover ya ........

For the list of dwarfs u've mentioned i've nothing to worry except for aggression.

In fact adding any dwarfs u will always have to worry about aggression because any dwarf angel once established becomes aggressive to a certain extent, so u may wanna take note on that.

Flameback and cherub are the most aggressive u can find. However flame and multicolor can be bullies too if they are established in a tank.

So if u are to ask me i would say add all four in together if u can. They are quite common to find and u can take a few months to collect all four before releasing all at one go.

thks for the advice bro, tink if can i will release all 2gether at the same time :)

Linked tank
My decommed 3 ft setup

I had my fair share of Shock too for being an Pygmy Angel Lover.

Interestingly, I had the most hard time to get a Coral Beauty to be stabalise in the tank. Finally a Fat One is swimming and eating like a pig in my tank now.

And many other shocking experiences.

I did not add in all the ANgels in one shot (I wish I have the Time and Chance).

Nevertheless, the 'PIG'MY Angels that I am blessed with so far:-

2 x Flame

1 X Flame Back

1 X Bi Colour

1 X Key Hole

1 X Coral Beauty

Acclimatizing Phase:-

Multicolour

Lemon Peel

Actually it's pretty Normal to experience Chase by Resident Angels. Maybe they have places to hide, so All Well Ends Well.

The Really Bad Experiences are due to my Damsels which were introduced at Phase 1 during setting up of my Tank.

Even the Smallest Orange Colour Looking Damsel is having a Heart of a Big Bully. Really an A*S Hol*.

Last week, I managed to catch out 6 of the Damsels using the Fish Trap.

Now things are better. Returned all of them to my Marine Fish Shop.

Those Damsels really gets on my nerve.

I guess everyone has unique, funny or horrible experiences being a 'PIG'MY Angel Lover ya ........

thks for sharing...hopefully mine turns out well :)

Linked tank
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member

The problem I have with dwarf angels is keeping them alive... they can be feeding and doing well for months, then die the next moment.

Question: Do they need to go through de-worming or some form of treatment upon purchase?

• 9 months later...

Witnessed my Flame Angel nipping on some "half dead" zoas closed buds.

Am wondering if they are

- nipping them coz the zoa polyps are dying ? ... or....

- their nippings caused the zoas polyps to die ?

Will try to feed more food each day and see if more zoa polyps gets attacked. Anyone here with troublesome flame angel in a reef tank?