Swallowing a nail?

flubberina13

• SRC Member

Hey...can someone out here pls tell me what are the symptoms of swallowing a nail... :o

I may have done it...never count the nails... :cry:

I scatterbrained...doing multi tasks at the same time...then...long story...

sigh... :(

Pls tell of symptoms before my last resort of checking myself into hospital but can't afford the time...busy w work... :sick:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest using a magnet to try easing it out of the intestinal tract... if it hurts too much coming out the other way... then you can try the other way thru, pass the oesophagus. :)

• SRC Member

To be specific...it was like an hour or two ago when i suddenly remembered I had dropped some steel nails while having dinner and had drunk the soup without thinking or looking as the soup was dark and lots of stuff inside aka szechuan soup...

So within this time frame, if anything could have happened, should have manifested by now, right? :erm:

yah I second Golden_Tooth.

don't mess around with a nail. I can't imagine the disaster it may cause. rupture your intestines. scar your intestines.

and even if you pass it out, you may get tentanus which will give you lock jaw. you can't get a cure for lock jaw, and you die from it as your jaw literally locks up.

not funny if you ask me. go see a doctor. and QUICK. you're in my prayers, for tonight only. :P

Man.... I thought it was a joke... not a finger nail???!

A real steel nail??? What do you have? A rubber hose for an oesophagus?? Surely you must have felt pain should you have swallowed a nail going down your throat? :huh:

• SRC Member

I have a high threshold of pain so dun know leh and somemore my throat has been hurting for the past few days so never bother the pain...occupational hazard mah...

Anyway, called TTS and the nurse said..."Mame...are you going to wait for symptoms then you come down?" :o

So going off there now...keep me in thy prayers... :(

Sigh...

To be specific...it was like an hour or two ago when i suddenly remembered I had dropped some steel nails while having dinner and had drunk the soup without thinking or looking as the soup was dark and lots of stuff inside aka szechuan soup...

So within this time frame, if anything could have happened, should have manifested by now, right?  :erm:

I think this is worst than being bitten by a blue ring........ cos symptom appear so slowly and thus make your thought run wild......

IMo if this thread get longer, you gonna scare out of your wits

• SRC Member

woah. i read the thread topic and i must say it really got me. shiat, if it's bad enough, the nail could puncture her stomach. or if left undiscovered, it'll rust in her. oh man, to think she thought we'd have a solution to a problem that serious. i hope all's well though..

• SRC Member

How long is the nail?

I don't think it's going to cause much problems considering that I've seen x-rays of people who have swallowed worse stuff and remain perfectly fine. The stomach acid will probably blunt the nail so that it doesn't tear the intestinal lining. The release of iron might cause constipation or make you sick for a few days. The nail should come out in the faeces 2 to 3 days from now.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif