Weekly Update - 8th to 15th March 2010

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer
PBT!!!

ANy wrasse at LCK or CF ah? thinking of going this weekend.

didnt see any wrasses at LCK.

CF have but very common ones.

mainly social wrasses - cirrhilabrus rubriventralis

velvet wrasses - cirrhilabrus luteovitattus (Iwarna coming in some tomorrow too)

didnt see any wrasses at LCK.

CF have but very common ones.

mainly social wrasses - cirrhilabrus rubriventralis

velvet wrasses - cirrhilabrus luteovitattus (Iwarna coming in some tomorrow too)

cirrhilabrus rubriventralis, any females?

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

for iwarna shipment, flame and potter angels, lots of velvet and mystery wrasse. Barlett doesnt see much. Flame wrasse, only one big one. Rhomboid around 5, rather small and condition isnt that stable.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

hi all,

Note to those that going to reborn, pls dont touch the corals, always ask them to let take up and let you see (if they are even willing to do it), the uncle will scream at you not to touch the coral saying us reefers might damage it (my friend kena this and will never go back there again).

FYI and not flaming the shop (only the specky uncle.. not sure about ah boy and bro)

Have a pleasant trip!

GO today might be exporting corals.. for those who wanna go GO better call them first!

many SPS / LPS left there.. good price too!

hi all,

Note to those that going to reborn, pls dont touch the corals, always ask them to let take up and let you see (if they are even willing to do it), the uncle will scream at you not to touch the coral saying us reefers might damage it (my friend kena this and will never go back there again).

FYI and not flaming the shop (only the specky uncle.. not sure about ah boy and bro)

Have a pleasant trip!

GO today might be exporting corals.. for those who wanna go GO better call them first!

many SPS / LPS left there.. good price too!

They have been like that for so many years already all the way back to Pasir Panjang during Ah Soon times..... lol.....

sometimes, this cannot, that cannot one....

they might have their reason but the way they put things across is really #$#T$%#Y$&^I$^&

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
They have been like that for so many years already all the way back to Pasir Panjang during Ah Soon times..... lol.....

sometimes, this cannot, that cannot one....

they might have their reason but the way they put things across is really #$#T$%#Y$&^I$^&

for me even though the things cheap or what, what matter most is that the customer service must always be there for customers like us to frequent it... yea maybe the way he put it is #$#T$%#Y$&^I$^& <== i agree.

anyway moving on, saw that J 1 r 3 h having clearance for soft corals and liverock (from another forum) they put to call for any enquries. <== also not a shop i would like to frequent due to poor Livestock handling and always make me wear carrot head hat when going in)

All the above my 2cent

• Senior Reefer

rhomboids at iwarna not very good. big 4 inch alpha males gone left with small females and not very stable.

flame angels, potter, girdled wrasse, yellow tangs are still available

strawberry crabs too

one very very large flame wrasse. stunner

3 multicolour angels

mystery wrasses still have

forget about helfrichi as all DOA except for 1 which is reserved

bartless some left, smallish. velvet wrasse big and a few.

• SRC Member
for me even though the things cheap or what, what matter most is that the customer service must always be there for customers like us to frequent it... yea maybe the way he put it is #$#T$%#Y$&^I$^& <== i agree.

anyway moving on, saw that J 1 r 3 h having clearance for soft corals and liverock (from another forum) they put to call for any enquries. <== also not a shop i would like to frequent due to poor Livestock handling and always make me wear carrot head hat when going in)

All the above my 2cent

Actually if u go to GO, they also dun like u to handle the corals....just that they r not so vocal like uncle chua....

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer

would like to remind members not to go too off topic :) one or two OT posts is fine, i close one eye. even i am guilty! :P. but refrain from making it a chit chatting session haha.

• SRC Member
Any idea if GO has new rics?

Heard from a reefer that new rics arrived this afternoon but haven't confirmed with Shan yet.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
Heard from a reefer that new rics arrived this afternoon but haven't confirmed with Shan yet.

nope shan said delayed to next week, and i was only told when i reached there <_< <_<

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member
rhomboids at iwarna not very good. big 4 inch alpha males gone left with small females and not very stable.

flame angels, potter, girdled wrasse, yellow tangs are still available

strawberry crabs too

one very very large flame wrasse. stunner

3 multicolour angels

mystery wrasses still have

forget about helfrichi as all DOA except for 1 which is reserved

bartless some left, smallish. velvet wrasse big and a few.

Like to share my experience buying a Rhomboid wrasse from recent shipment at Iwarna. I bought it via reservation by sms. Collected the wrasse ( abt 3") around 8.30 a.m. There were 2 other bags containing smaller Rhomboids. As Bro LemonLemon said, all were not in good condition. They were all lying at the bottom of the bag. Their stomach area looked flat. But as I had already reserved, felt obligated to go ahead with the purchase despite my misgivings. Took it home & opened the top of the bag & inserted an airstone into the water. Left for my office thereafter. I returned home at 4 p.m. to check on the fish. It was still alive. Went back to office. Later in the night, at around 10.30 p.m., I got home & checked on the fish again. Was shocked to find the fish dead! The morale of the story is not to rush into buying a rare fish without checking its physical condition. Buying by reservation is a bad & costly decision. Just wonder whether other reefers who had bought Rhomboids had the same experience, reservation or not. Or is this a particularly delicate fish?

• Senior Reefer
Like to share my experience buying a Rhomboid wrasse from recent shipment at Iwarna. I bought it via reservation by sms. Collected the wrasse ( abt 3") around 8.30 a.m. There were 2 other bags containing smaller Rhomboids. As Bro LemonLemon said, all were not in good condition. They were all lying at the bottom of the bag. Their stomach area looked flat. But as I had already reserved, felt obligated to go ahead with the purchase despite my misgivings. Took it home & opened the top of the bag & inserted an airstone into the water. Left for my office thereafter. I returned home at 4 p.m. to check on the fish. It was still alive. Went back to office. Later in the night, at around 10.30 p.m., I got home & checked on the fish again. Was shocked to find the fish dead! The morale of the story is not to rush into buying a rare fish without checking its physical condition. Buying by reservation is a bad & costly decision. Just wonder whether other reefers who had bought Rhomboids had the same experience, reservation or not. Or is this a particularly delicate fish?

would like to chide in regarding rhomboids.

rhomboids are not difficult when stable. in fact, very hardy like most other fishes. but, alot of them die from collection

being a deepwater fish, these guys are very delicate especially when shipping. they don't ship well, and are very sensitive to sudden changes in parameters. when buying from shipment day, there is always a risk especially with rhomboids.

rhomboids are very popular and are snapped up within the first few hours. some even go 6am to get it. casualty rates for this fish are very very high, sometimes, and at times, every single one will die. this shipment was not very good. almost all rhomboids were dead within the first day, except bro kueytoc's 1 which i reserved for him. not sure if its still alive. the fatality for this fish proves that they cannot handle shipping well. but bless the person who manage to get a healthy specimen, these guys are tough. i have one that is with me for many many months now. no problem.

don't feel obligated to buy even if you reserve. the LFS will understand and especially iwarna, they have excellent customer service. i know because i was the whole day yesterday and they treat customers with utmost respect. so don't be shy the next time.

rhomboids, like most deepwater wrasses, die within the first few days of transport. if they make it, there's usually a 1 month break in period. this 1 month will be exgtremely crucial to the survival. after this period, usually they will survive long term.

i wish you success in your future trial with the rhomboid wrasse. take note regarding flame wrasse, lineatus and laboutei. they usually bear the same symptoms. but is worse in rhomboids due to their deeper dwelling nature.

when you get home, acclimate and release into betta box. dont leave them in the plastic. rhomboids endure extremely long hours from marshall islands (where they are exclusively found) to our shores. they are beat up due to shipping and decompression. when they get to the LFS, they succumb to successive change in water parameters without proper acclimation. its little wonder why none survives.

do PM me if you have more question regarding wrasses or in this matter, the rhomboid. will be happy to help.

Came back from AM....

Sunburst anthias...nice and healthy @$30 each

Purple anthias (L) @ $10 each, (S) @$6 each

One dragon wrasse left...

Coral shipment next week....

bro is the sunburst feeding already??