"The Worst LFs i come across" hahaha...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
i went to a lfs name marine life hobbyist at west coast way near the aye. i ask a yellow tang how much. he say 23. i say can decrease to 20. he say cannot. then cleaner wrasse cost 10 dollars . a morish idol cost 25 . i can find lfs selling cheaper than that. any one know which lfs can cheaper fishes?

Warau, it's not right passing such comment.... :angry::angry:

ML may not be the best, but sure is one of the friendliest LFS..... :lol::lol:

Hi,

I think ML price is on the high side is due to the economy of scale of import and rental fee. He don't import in bulk, so price cannot compare to LFS like reborn. If this is my first LFS I visited, I would think that it is a cut-throat shop. But because of small volume of turnover, I guess to breakeven, price had to be on the high side. Else he won't be around till this day, rite? Livestock business is one of the most risky and dangerous, I would say. Just a change in water chemistry can wipe out the whole shop investment. So you have to put yourself in their position sometimes.

Henry is one of the knowledgeable and friendly guy I know so far. So, with his advice, you can avoid certain pit-fall while new in this hobby. Maybe rephrasing the word 'Worst' to 'High pricing' would be more appropriate. :thanks:

ok ok . finally all have spoken about henry . to tell u, this is a setup . i know he is very good . a first visit to his shop . i ask him alot about his fishes, good answering to my knowlege. nice keeping , yes fish too pricey, but really, i was very shocked that all speak up of henry , one of the rarest brainer for marine lifes. thank u all for your comments. i seem mostly u all go there. Henry the Best......

Give me a hell yeah!!! :evil:

Vicky,

Seriously, do you wish to retract your statement? I can re-edit the topic title for you.

If higher prices = worst LFS... you should visit a LFS in Serangoon North. ;)

Anyway, I don't see why you should feel so offended that no one seems to be siding you. If the majority echoes an opposing view to yours, there must be an element of truth to it. Just take it easy. :peace:

Just because a LFS owner doesn't back down from your hard bargaining means that you have to condemn him. :look:

Solution: Bring your money elsewhere lah! Just go to a LFS which sells cheap stuff! ;)

You're happy and the LFS is happy. Case closed.

For a moment I thought Henry cheated you of a million bucks or sold you a dead fish and said its just sleeping in the bag. :lol: He's a nice dude and I'm not getting him a cent from him to say that!

Chill, dude, chill. :peace:

AT

Seems like this thread only serve to reaffirm the high regards we reefers has on ML. If Henry is reading this....well...congrates..you have done a great job and helping to educate and promote responsible reefkeeping in Singapore...Thumbs Up ;)

• SRC Member

I do agree with all, but i do not know henry or went ML only once. But what i know of is that buying cheap stocks may not be good. What is the point of buying cheap fishes that do not last for 1 week. Better pay a higher price if the fishes are in very stable condition; it can be feed and will able to adjust to its new environment.

I sometimes find that paying more for a healthy fish is better than paying less for a dying fish.

• SRC Supporter

when i just got into this hobby, i dont know anything

or even i say before i started this hobby i visited henry's shop..

he is a very friendly guy, provides very good service.. very knowledgeable and his willing to share his knowledge..

how on earth to say that henry's marine hobbyist is the worst.. and u actually posted it in this forum...

go look into the mirror and reflect on what u say bro. think twice.. or 3 times..

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

hi all

Yes. ML is not cheap.

But I am a sucker for feel-at-home service

that knows me by my name & always engaging

in nice small talks. to me, its the experience of building

up a relationship that matters.

would rather a friend make money out of me than

a nobody.

• SRC Member

ok , mods pls edit the topic. anyway this was setup. i was just playing to Henry.. i was a frend to him. now i know alot are backing up for him. i not reallly evil . i just want to know what kind of person that bring his heart to u all .

• SRC Member

how about rename to the worst april fools joke i ever came across? ;)

Henry's prices are a tad higher than most places but the stocks are

always healthy,

and i've personally experienced him

-NOT selling stuff to newbies who obviously cannot rear them,

-Not selling fish that are sick or infected but look perfectly fine.

-he'll spend 50mins explaining the basics to you if you are a newbie,

EVEN if he has a queue of customers waiting to pay him,

(i've been one of those waiting, trust me...sometimes its longer than 50mins)

-best i feel,

the dude will call you by name! :lol:

even if its 2-3 months since your last visit ;)

so if anyone skipped through the middle pages(where the

expose is).

ML is one of the better LFS around! :D

Just to share. There was once when my friend and I went to ML and asked Henry for about the price of the ricordeas frag that he has. His response was $xx but the colour is not very nice. You should wait for the next shipment for more choices.

Another time I saw someone asking Henry about some fishes and his comments were that they are sick and not doing well. Wait for them to get back to health before getting them.

This goes to show that he is not a hardcore salesman but a responsible reefer as well.

I do not know him well and had only been to ML 3 times but each time I seem to bring back some good impression.

Whats the point of buying a $10 LS for $8 to find that it died on you after 3 days.

• SRC Member
ok , mods pls edit the topic. anyway this was setup. i was just playing to Henry.. i was a frend to him. now i know alot are backing up for him. i not reallly evil . i just want to know what kind of person that bring his heart to u all .

You know Henry???? I feel sad for him!!

If you pay $23 for a fish at Henry's shop, you'll have peace of mind that it wouldn't be a disease carrier and ithe survival rate is high?

But $20 for the same fish at any LFS, be worry, very worry. B'cos you may end up going to that LFS again for the same fish, worst of all your tank may be infected with germ, parasites, bio hazard, fish killer disease and this and that...... :sick:

It's not worth saving that few dollars, trust me i've experienced it.

Just my 1 cent

:lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Speaking of the LFS at Upper Serangoon, I always drop by there when I go to Petmart to have a good laugh. They would stick a sale logo on the mushroom tank selling very normal mushrooms at $15. They normally sell jewels at $45. And I still remember that the LR there was selling at $38/kg.

But basing on price alone, Henry life stock is a bit on the higher side. The sad truth is that price is normally what a buyer will look at first. Personally I have very good experience with Henry's LS. The 2 blue tang, 2 emerald crabs, 2 sand anemone and 1 blue carpet anemone are all doing very very well. I have been keeping them for 8 months.

The only bad thing (for me) is that it is a bit far for me to go there as I live in the east.

• SRC Member

OZY the shop that you mentioned....... there once trying to sell turbo snail at $8.......... i ask why is it so exp.... other places around 1-3 dollar, the sales tell me oh it is like that one we are catering to those people who request us to setup tank for them etc.....

was wondering if whoever ask them to setup tank so bleed to death.....

But very surprisingly so damn expensive yet so many people go there and buy.....

every visit after petmart i also go there see their atrocious price and arm chio those people who bought from them :evil:

think i too evil liao hahahaha

• SRC Member

You know Henry???? I feel sad for him!!

If you pay $23 for a fish at Henry's shop, you'll have peace of mind that it wouldn't be a disease carrier and ithe survival rate is high?

But $20 for the same fish at any LFS, be worry, very worry. B'cos you may end up going to that LFS again for the same fish, worst of all your tank may be infected with germ, parasites, bio hazard, fish killer disease and this and that...... :sick:

It's not worth saving that few dollars, trust me i've experienced it.

Just my 1 cent

:lol::lol:

haha.. true.. with friends like them, who needs enemies..

seriously vicky, what are you trying to prove? :( First you talk bad about his way of operating, then you said you are his "friend"..

You know that his prices are high then dun buy!! :angry: .. there are others that are willing to pay for better LS at his prices.. anyway I dun think his prices are that high. fair enough for good quality LSs and service.. at least his prices are not exorbitant.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

Let's just give Vicky the benefit of doubt that he meant this as an April Fool's joke on ML here in SRC. :rolleyes:

I'll go and rename the thread now.

Hmmmm...actually....Although ML pricing might be a little on the pricey side...I don't mind...rather than buying something cheaper from somewhere else and have it die days later..I'll rather put a few more dollars for a fish that has a higher survival rate. Henry also brings in some stuff that other people rarely do...thumbs up! :D

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Supporter

hope this is really what you are trying to find out..when creating this topic~ :erm:

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed